- Virtues: Recognition of students demonstrating acts that demonstrate one of the aspects of S.E.E.D.S. (Support and accept others, Explore possibilities, Engage in lifelong learning, Do the right thing, and Strive for success).
- Buddy Classes: Two classes are paired, usually a division one and two class, during the year for buddy activities. The buddies work on virtue education lessons or projects. They also read together and complete special seasonal projects together.
- Anti-bullying Campaigns: Greentree School strives to be a bully-free school. The aim is to implement a proactive approach to bully and also to promote awareness through education and programming.
- Roots of Empathy Program
Our grade four students participate in our Roots of Empathy program. “Roots of Empathy” is a program which aims to raise empathy in children and thus reducing levels of aggression, bullying and conflict. The program consists of an infant and parent visiting the classroom every three weeks over the school year. During these visits, a trained Roots of Empathy Instructor educates students to observe the infant's development and feelings. This is the catalyst for instruction in awareness of emotions in students and others.
- Service Learning and Citizenship
Students across all grades participate in local and national charitable fundraisers to promote service learning in the community. Student Council organizes community fundraisers as well.
- Cookies and Milk Fundraiser
- Terry Fox Run
- Operation Christmas Child
- Food for the Hungry
- Other community connections
- Safe and Caring School Greentree strives to ensure every student feels welcome and safe in our school. Teachers actively work with students to ensure their actions contribute to a safe and caring school.