Greentree School staff members take pride in the outstanding programming options that we offer. As a part of Golden Hills School Division, Greentree offers a variety of powerful learning opportunities for our students. Programming will continue to expand and develop to ensure that our students receive a high-quality, balanced education at our school that 'plants the seeds for life'.
Greentree School offers students the opportunity to develop their leadership skills through Leadership Teams. These teams do several things throughout the school year including gather recycling bins, deliver materials to classrooms, and help set up for assemblies and other events.
Students indicate their interest to join a team through an application and interview process.
- Daily Physical Education
- Swimming Lessons: Grade 1 to 6 students have the opportunity to participate in swimming lessons at the Drumheller Aquaplex during the school year.
- Mini and Junior Dynos Athletics Programs
- Winter Walk
- Knee Hockey Tournament
Safe & Caring School
Greentree School: a Welcoming, Caring, Respectful & Safe School
Greentree School works with students, parents and school staff to ensure we have a welcoming, caring, respectful and safe learning environment. Students at Greentree know they belong here and everyone treats each other fairly and kindly.
Our environment promotes:
- Healthy and respectful relationships
- Mutual trust and caring
- Promotion of positive mental health
- Respect for values, rights, and responsibilities
- Opportunities to collaborate
- Clear, consistent, regularly communicated high expectations
- Consequences for inappropriate behaviour considers multiple aspects (age, maturity, circumstances)
- Support is provided to those impacted by inappropriate behaviour as well as those who engage in such behaviour
- Positive social-emotional skills are modelled by all citizens
We have started to implement a restorative justice approach to correcting behaviour and taking a step away from punishments alone.
Our policy can be viewed here: Greentree Discipline Policy.