About Greentree School
Welcome to Greentree Elementary School
- We are a kindergarten to grade six school and proud to be part of the Golden Hills School Division #75.
- Greentree School is located in Drumheller, a town nestled in the Red Deer River valley in an area rich in fossils.
- We are holistic, recognizing the importance of all aspects of development: intellectual, physical, social, emotional, moral and creative.
- Our school population is about 450 students, with 23 teachers and 12 support staff.
- As a group we work together to create a safe and caring community, where everyone can strive for excellence in learning.
- Please check out our programs listed on our web site, to see how we carry out our vision.
Vision and Core Values
- Core Values as Outcomes for Students
- We will equip all students with the skills they need to become life long learners and productive members of society.
- We will provide the best opportunities for students to develop their skills and talents to their fullest potential.
- We will instill the virtues of Character Education to enhance self-worth and appropriate treatment of others.
- We will inspire students to set, pursue and achieve positive personal goals.
- We will provide opportunities for students to experience and to appreciate fine arts and cultural diversity.
- Core Values as Commitment to Each Other
- We will support each other.
- We will communicate openly and effectively.
- We will respect the individuality and uniqueness of all.
- We will share responsibilities and successes.
- Thus, we will foster a positive learning environment.
- Conditions for Learning
- We will provide a safe, caring and healthy environment. (This fosters risk-taking).
- We will uphold consistent structures, routines and boundaries.
- We will strive to meet Maslow’s hierarchy of needs (ie, food, clothing, safety, emotional and social support...).
- We will allocate time, personnel and resources to meet student needs.
- We will value the individual learning potential of school community members.
- We will implement a variety of instructional practices.
- We will recognize and utilize current research regarding best practices for student learning.